Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 33 Paris- Versailles





Today we started our day by having a driving tour of Paris. We got to drive by the Arch de Triumphe and then all around Paris and stopped again in front of the Eiffel Tower. About midway through the tour we stopped and had some coffee and then parted ways with half the group. Only about half the group opted to go to the Palace of Versailles. We took a 20 min ride out of the city to the palace where we had some free time. We began by going to the Gardens, they were soooo beautiful, probably one of my favorite places, I could spend the whole day wandering them and reading a book. There were some gardens with high hedges and other with short spiraling hedges that were surrounded by flowers. Nick and I took our typical pictures jumping and on his back. After about 40 min in the garden we meet in front of the palace to have our walking tour of the inside. The palace was huge and so ornate. There was gold everywhere. The tour guide rattled on sometimes but overall she was super informative. After we finished up at the palace we headed back on the bus for our hotel. Nick Joy and I decided to go on a walking adventure to do laundry. The guy at the hotel desk told us laundry was up the street so Nick and I drag our laundry to this sketchy little place and the man tells us 28 euros for both wash and dry... Nick and I debated it for a bit and the guy told us to debate it outside... 30 dollars for laundry no way. So thanks to google maps on my phone I found us another laundry place for only 6 euros to wash. After that we bought some wine and decided that we were going to have dinner than sit in front of the eiffel tower with some wine. Nick Alyx Joy and I went and had a nice little dinner at a French Cafe.. quite expensive thought for just appetizers we had. 10 euros for mozzarella sticks. We then took a tram to the Eiffel Tower and took some nice night pictures, I got to wear my new leather jacket :) And Joy and Alyx went home because Alyx was not feeling well but Nick Jenny and I decided to walk down to the tower. On the walk down I slipped hard on the marble ramp/stairs and road rashed the left side of my leg and it HURT. (Still hurts two days later). That kind of killed my desire to do anything else because my leg was throbbing so we took a few more pictures then took a cab back to the hotel to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment