Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Leaving Germany :( Sunday and Monday


** note from Hamburg... Anna said the reason the Croc store is next to D&G, and Hugo Bass was because Rich women like to garden :)

So Sunday was a nice last day. We relaxed at Anna's had a huge icecream that Nick and I barely made a dent into. And then a delicious dinner of fresh German noodles and curry chicken. Anna's mom made the noodles from scratch. She also made candied almonds which we took with us and have as a nice snack!

So Monday super duper early we left Anna's. Needless to say it was an awesome and best first week ever! Anna made a little scrapbook for me which I love of our trip. When then got on a kind of rocky flight to Athens. But the view from the airplane was incredible once we got close. We then landed and found our group leader. My gosh was it a huge temperature change I was melting in my jeans. We then meet half the group and took a bus to our hotel where we then got some lunch with two kids from CA. Then checked out the local shops in Glyfadia, Athens. We are about 30min outside the center city. We took a stroll around the beach which is about 100 yards form our hotel. Around 8 the other half of the group arrived. We had a brief orientation and welcome drink where Nick and I tried Mythos a local beer which I really liked. It was an early night because 90% of the group was jet lagged.

No comments:

Post a Comment